ONLY webinars - visit ONLY webinars - visit
Advanced Search
Home / Features / UAE conventional banks assets amount to AED2.148 trillion in late November
Special Features

UAE conventional banks assets amount to AED2.148 trillion in late November

The total assets of conventional banks operating in the UAE amounted to AED2.148 trillion by the end of November, accounting for around 80 percent of the UAE banking system's total assets, which reached AED2.687 trillion, with Islamic banks comprising the remaining 20 percent, with total assets of AED538.5 billion, according to the UAE Central Bank Indicators Report. 

Conventional banks' assets increased by AED44 billion by the end of November against October, in yet a new sign of these banks' increased solvency, driven by government deposits as well as residents and non-residents' deposits following the recent interest rate hike. 

The Islamic banks' assets rose as well by AED3.4 billion to AED538.5 billion during November from AED534.9 billion in October. 

The total credit value of conventional banks by the end of November increased AED16 billion to AED1.239 trillion comparatively with October, while Sharia-compliant banks' credit value dropped AED6.8 billion to AED355.8 billion during the same monitored period. 

Conventional banks' deposits, according to the report, increased AED32 billion on a monthly basis, hitting AED1.255 trillion in November, with Islamic banks' deposits falling AED300 million to AED377.3 billion by end of November from AED377.6 billion in October. 

Residents' deposits at conventional banks increased AED25.8 billion on a monthly basis, standing at AED1.077 trillion in November, remaining at AED364.9 billion at Islamic banks during the same monitored period. 

We accept Guest Posts

  All fields are mandatory
Your Name
Your Comments
 Max 250 characters - Word Count :
Image Verification
Change Image


View Special Features by Category
Airlines & Airports
Art & Gallery
Banks & Financial sector
Car Industry
Dubai Government
Dubai Metro
Education & Institutions
Events & Occassions
Exhibition Center
Family Shows
Food & Beverages
Free Zones
Golf Clubs
Government Departments
Health & Fitness
History & Culture
Hospitals & Clinics
Hotels & Hospitality
Identity cards
Internet Services
Media & News
Online Food Service
Online Store
Other Emirates
Parks & Beaches
Precious Metals
Real Estate & Property
Religion & Culture
Resorts & Clubs
Shopping Malls
Special Centres, Groups & Communities
Sports & Events
Sports Bars
Things To Do
Trade Fair
Travel & Leisure
UAE Market News
VIP Services
Wedding Planners

Back to top

News Alerts
News Alerts
Stay ahead with abu dhabi news
dcg mobile
adcg Mobile
With you wherever you go
rss feed
RSS Feeds
Get the latest
dubai blog
Abu Dhabi Blog
Your space, your voice
ADCG at a glance